The Englewood Chamber Emergency Operations Center is monitoring Hurricane Idalia. These types of storms are unpredictable and are impossible to track. It is always important to be prepared. Need help? – Click Here to Search for Businesses
- Englewood is under a Tropical Storm Warning
- Englewood is under a Storm Surge Warning
- Tom Adams Bridge is closed to boat traffic.
- Click for Live Radar
Incase of a hurricane, make sure you have enough resources to last you a week. As we saw with Hurricane Ian, it may be days before supplies are brought in. Make sure you have the following:
- Non perishable foods
- First aid kit
- 2 week supply of medication (if needed)
Flood Zone VS Evacuation Zone
Know the difference between a Flood Zone and Evacuation Zone. A Flood Zone is the likeliness your property will flood. An Evacuation Zone doesn’t necessarily mean your property will flood, but you will have to drive through low lying areas that may flood in order to evacuate.
- Charlotte County schools are closed Tuesday (8/29) and Wednesday (8/30).
- Sarasota County schools are closed Tuesday (8/29) and Wednesday (8/30).
- Charlotte County Solid Waste cancelled pick up Wednesday, August 30th.
- Sarasota County Solid Waste cancelled pick up Tuesday, August 29th.
Centennial Park Recreation Center – 1120 Centennial Boulevard, Port Charlotte
Atwater Elementary School – 4701 Huntsville Avenue, North Port
Do NOT Hoard
Remember, even in times of panic only take what you need for your household. Your community needs supplies too so don’t overstock and leave nothing for your neighbors. It is recommended to stock enough for each person in your house to last 3 to 7 days.
Mobile Homes & RV’s
These are not safe structures during a storm. Please find a safe place to stay during a storm.
After the Storm
- Avoid driving through water. You do not know how deep it is or what could be under the water that may damage your car. Additionally, standing water is bad for your car and will likely cause damage.
- Keep grills and generators outside or in a well-ventilated area