Hurricane Elsa Information – As of 1:56pm July 6, 2021
Elsa is expected to impact Charlotte/Sarasota Counties with tropical storm force winds and rain. Storm impacts are expected to be felt later in the day Tuesday to early Wednesday morning. Storm surge is expected to be around 2-4 feet. Minor flooding is expected. Charlotte/Sarasota Counties are under a Tornado Watch. The effects will be similar to tropical storm Eta. These are current projections and are subject to change. Keep checking for updates.
Phone & Email Alerts
- No Sandbag locations are available.
- Individuals in need of sandbags can purchase supplies at a local hardware store.
No evacuation shelters will be opened for Charlotte/Sarasota County, and none are planned at this time.
- Charlotte County is pick up waste as regularly scheduled.
- Sarasota County trash, recycling and yard waste collection services for residents in the unincorporated are is expected to resume Wednesday, July 7, but all schedules for the remainder of the week will be delayed by one day.
- Tom Adams Bridge: Closed to boat traffic.
- Boca Grande Causeway: Will close to boat traffic once winds reach 35mph.
- Palm Island Barge: 1 Barge will remain in operation until winds reach 45 mph or condition deteriorate to unsafe levels.
- Punta Gorda Airport will remain open as long as conditions are safe.
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport will close operations at 6:30pm and reopen 6:00am Wednesday.
- Tampa International Airport will close operations at 5:00pm and reopen Wednesday morning.
- Charlotte/Sarasota County government offices are closed.
- Essential employees are still currently working.
Resources (Before & After the Storm)