Calling all Leadership Englewood Alums
We now have more than 100 people who have graduated from the Leadership Englewood program. Those graduates will tell you they learned more about our community then they could possibly have learned on their own. We actually have two groups of graduates. One group graduated between the years of 2008 – 2011 and the other since 2016. We want all graduates, and those interested in the program, to join us tonight at Howard’s Restaurant (70 N. Indiana Ave.) The reception begins at 5:00 and attendees will be treated to a beverage and heavy appetizers. We encourage the earlier graduates to attend and tell the stories of how the program originally started, projects they did, etc. The more recent graduates can share their experiences and speak to how the program has evolved. Even though this is a FREE event, we asked that you RSVP online at www.LeadershipEnglewood.com.
We have three other events scheduled this week:
- If you do not have a connection to the Leadership Englewood program you can attend Chamber Night with the Stone Crabs – Tuesday, April 23rd. You do not need to be a Chamber member to attend. Advance online tickets are no longer available but, if you go to the ticket window and say you heard about the game form the Englewood Chamber, you’ll be able to buy the special $10 ticket. That tickets provides you access to the Chamber picnic area. NOTE: You’ll want to get there early enough to watch the “ceremonial first pitches” thrown out. Representing the Englewood Chamber will be Amber Craft of The Island Team of Paradise Exclusive Real Estate. Good luck Amber!
- Lunch n’ Learn – Thursday, April 25th. The topic is “Communications Skills”. Serving of the FREE LUNCH begins at 11:30. Online registration is required: PortCharlotteSCORE.org
- Appreciation Celebration /Ribbon Cutting – Thursday, April 25th at Project Phoenix. (36 W. Dearborn) The affair starts at 5:00pm.
- Derby Day – Saturday, May 4th. This is sure to be a Derby Party you won’t want to miss. Details can be found at: EnglewoodBeachWaterFest.com
- The Leadership Englewood LUAU presented by the Class of 2019. Saturday, May 18th from 5:00pm – 10:00pm. A portion of the proceeds to benefit: Meals on Wheels, Charlotte County Homeless Coalition and Project Phoenix. All details, including ticket and sponsorship information is available online at: LeadershipEnglewood.com.
-Ed Hill, Executive Director