The Leadership Englewood program brings together individuals who are looking to increase their leadership skills and gain a better understanding of the opportunities and challenges in our community. In addition to the personal development benefits, program graduates often say the personal relationships formed with fellow classmates is even more valuable. The program starts on October 17th with a Reception / Ice-Breaker with monthly day-long sessions focusing on education, health care, the local economy and more. Applications can be picked-up at the Chamber office, downloaded or submitted online (see below).
2017/2018 Tentative Class Schedule
Please note and hold these dates on your calendar now.
|October 17, 2017||Reception / Ice Breaker (5:30pm-7:00pm)|
|October 18, 2017||Simulated Society Program|
|November 1, 2017||Non-Profit / Leadership Day|
|December 6, 2017||Education Day|
|January 10, 2018||Health Care Day|
|February 7, 2018||Charlotte County Day|
|March 7, 2018||Arts & Humanities / Culture Day|
|April 4, 2018||Sarasota County Day|
|May 2, 2018||Tourism & Hospitality Day|
|June 6, 2018||Class Graduation|
Alternatively, you can apply using the form below.
Deadline for consideration of applications is September 15, 2017.
- Selection of Leadership Englewood participants is highly confidential and is based solely upon the answers to the questions on this application, so please be thoughtful, complete and sincere.
- There is special emphasis on seating a representative group of persons involved in a variety of businesses, professions, government and non-profit community services.
- Class size is limited to 20 students. Tuition is $500 per student.
- I understand full tuition will be due upon my acceptance unless other arrangements are approved in advance.
- If you are selected for the Class, you are making a commitment to the program and to your classmates to attend each month’s class. If you miss a day or part of a day, you will be asked to take that portion of the program the next year as a make-up to cover the material that you missed. If you are unable to attend a class day, you must advise your Class Chair well in advance to be excused. If you are absent two or more days, you will not be able to graduate with current class.
- Participants are selected through an anonymous process. Try to avoid revealing your identity through your answers to the questions.